The Most Racist Countries In The World 2020

The Most Racist Countries In The World 2020
The Most Racist Countries In The World 2020

Determining the most racist countries in the world can be difficult, and the results might not be consistent from one study to the next. The problem with racism is that it is a hard variable to measure.

Although there is no complexity within the trait of racism, it can be quite difficult to determine if someone is racist or not based on a questionnaire, which is how the majority of research into the racism is conducted.

Two different articles published about three years apart by separate entities showed common finds in regard to the most racist countries in the world.

An article written by was posted on the official Washington Post website. In discussing the racism factor around the world, the article dubbed India as being the most racist country in the world.

Three years later, a 2016 article on the topic of most racist countries in the world was released by Business Tech.

 

Here Are The Most Racist Countries In The World 2020

 

India

India
India

India ranks as number one for the most racist country of all countries that were included in the study. Located in Southern Asia, India has a population size of roughly 1.3 billion people. The most prevalent ethnicities in India are people of Tamil, Nepali, Gujarati, Bengali, Marathi, Punjabi, Malayalam, and Kashmiri descent.

These ethnic groups are all ones that originate in India, meaning that most of the people who live in India are Indians themselves. Unlike countries like the United States that are founded on the basic principle of cultural differences and a mixing pot, if you will, India is home to people originally from the country as opposed to having a population comprised of immigrants who moved to the country from elsewhere later on in their lives.

 

Bahrain

Third on the list of most racist countries are Bahrain, which is a country in the Persian Gulf and just off the coast of Saudi Arabia. Bahrain has a population that is predominately Middle Eastern individuals, but the country is home to a decent percentage of South Asian people as well.

A little under 50% of people in Bahrain are Bahrainis, too. Of the people who live in Bahrain without having been born in the country, Indians make up the highest percentile of immigrants. Bahrain scored 31.1% and 85.7% as part of the study in a discussion.

 

Egypt

Egypt’s population is comprised of mostly Egyptians, born and raised in Egypt. They account for 91% of the population, with the remaining 9% made up of Bedouin Arabs, Abazas, Turks, and Greeks.

As you can see, the concluding remarks regarding the findings of this study for Egypt, Libya, Bahrain, and Lebanon are very much in alignment with the ones regarding India. It is difficult to determine whether someone is racist or not on the basis of the two questions posed by the researchers.

 

Here Are The Most Racist Countries In The World 2020

RankCountry Witness Racism Prefer Same-Race Neighbors
1Egypt39.700.00%
2Morocco35.6013.80
3Pakistan48.80%14.50%
4Russia38.50% 17.00%
5Hong Kong40.40% 18.80%
6South Africa61.80% 19.60%
7Algeria41.00% 19.80%
8Nigeria42.50% 21.00%
9Japan29.70% 22.30%
10Cyprus26.10% 26.70%

As part of the study, the countries were placed into respective groups according to the percentage of people who answered in a racist manner when met with the two questions. The breakdown of categories involved seven different groups that a country could potentially fall into based on the majority of the answers collected from participants…

0% – 4.9%
5% – 9.9%
10% – 14.9%
15% – 19.9%
20% – 29.9%
30% – 39.9%
40% or greater

Source: | Washington Post | Business Tech